Our Nation’s Most Efficient Federal Program
The military resale system is our nation’s most efficient federal program that saves military personnel and their families thousands of dollars each year in grocery and household good costs.
Commissaries and exchanges save taxpayers money, create tens of thousands of jobs and contribute more than a trillion dollars to our nation’s economy.
For more information, check out the following resources:
By The Numbers
The military resale system is a vibrant economic engine. Commissaries, Exchanges, and Member companies contribute:
- $4.5 billion in savings for military families
- $4.0 billion in made-in-America products that are sold oversees to military patrons – funds that would otherwise flow to foreign economies
- $20 billion in 20 years to support military community programs and facilities
- 100,000 jobs for working Americans and military families
- $7,000 average annual savings for a family of four each year (Exchange and Commissary)
- $16 billion in sales from household good and products